McGonagall holding a Sorting Hat that has been duct-taped across the mouth and doing her own impression of the hat’s voice from behind her hand in the Great Hall.
James Potter HUFFLEPUFF
Remus Potter RAVENCLAW
Sirius Potter NOW THE GROUNDSKEEPER
No classes together ever goodbye
Star Trek hasn’t even been around 50 years, and we already have communicators, tablets, computers and AI that nearly rival those on Starfleet ships, and so many more pieces of technology, not to mention people interested in STEM fields, as a DIRECT result of Trek
Imagine where another 48 years will take us
maybe we’ll get actual starfleet
I think the “women are mysterious” thing can also come from:
1) Women actually being quite clear, but not telling men what they want to hear. ”She said she doesn’t want to talk to me? So many mixed messages and confusing signals!”
2) Women not having cheat codes. ”I tried being nice, and she didn’t have sex with me. I tried being an asshole, and she didn’t have sex with me. Come on, there’s got to be some kind of solution to this puzzle!”
3) Women not being a hive mind. ”First a woman told me that she likes guys with big muscles. Then the very next day a woman told me she thinks muscles aren’t attractive at all. Make up your mind, women!”
4) An individual woman doing something confusing, and instead of asking “why is she doing this now?” men ask “why do women always do this?”
5) Women sometimes don’t say what they’re really thinking/feeling because society has taught us that certain emotions and reactions are unacceptable (i.e. you must be nice to men even when they’re creeps because man feelings are delicate and must be protected at all costs).
6) Women sometimes don’t say what they’re really thinking/feeling because we’re used to our thoughts and emotions being invalidated and can learn to invalidate them ourselves.
7) You didn’t even fucking ask.
8) You see women as NPCs instead of people, so when they act like people you’re surprised and wonder how such a sophisticated NPC can exist and what algorithms drive it, instead of interacting with her as a human being.
Do you ever get jealous of someone who interacts really well with a really close friend of yours, not because you have a crush on your friend or anything but because you’re jealous of how much you pale in comparison to them when you see how much of a better friend they are to the one you’re close to?
the past is a strange place
cops on bikes used to transport criminals like this
this guy worked as an alarm for waking people up
one wheel motorcycle
pin-boys who manually lined pins up
baby cage for families who wanted their kids to get enough sunlight
zoo-keeper showering a penguin
But who woke up the guy that woke everyone else up